Friday, December 16, 2011

Hot Chocolate Remix

Remember how a while ago I talked about cheating on my mom and finding this fabulous recipe for hot chocolate?  Well friends, I have an even better way to enjoy this lovely-ness.  I call it adult hot chocolate.  I'm sure you're getting where I'm going with this.



After finishing my last final yesterday, I settled down to nice cup of this and just soaked in the freedom of the break ahead of me.  It was glorious.  Really, it didn't settle in until last night when I was hanging out with some friends that I finished my first semester of law school.  Law school people.  It's like I just turned around and instead of being a scared little 1L in August, I am now in December and finished with my first semester.  Where did all the time go??? I know they told me it would go by fast, but I had no idea it would go by this fast.  Ca-razy!

 I made some wonderful mudslide cupcakes back in the summer and well, you cannot buy Kahlua or Baileys in tablespoon increments so I ended up with quite an excess.  One night while studying, Mike and I decided it was time to break out the hot chocolate.  As I searched through the fridge for cream, I stumbled upon the remnants and a little light bulb lit up over my head like in the cartoons.  Thus, the adult hot chocolate was born! Through all the craziness and stress, it was always nice to come home and make myself some hot chocolate, adult or regular style, it always did the trick! So now I'm going to share with you.


Adult Hot Chocolate:
Hot Chocolate Mix
1 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Cream
1-2 T Baileys
1-2 T Kahlua

Optional Garnish:
Bourbon Whipped Cream

Make Hot Chocolate as usual, before pouring the hot mixture into your cup, add the Baileys & Kahlua to your cup, as much as your liking dictates.  (Honestly, the goal here is not to get even slightly buzzed; I could never even taste the alcohol, but it does give the hot chocolate an even silkier, richer taste).  If only have Baileys or Kahlua, I'm sure those would be just fine, double the amount if desired.  Pour in your hot chocolate mix and garnish with whipped cream, marshmallows, cinnamon or I highly recommend the bourbon whipped cream.  You're probably thinking, uh gross. That's a lot of different types of flavors mixed together and I agreed with you at first, but don't fear, it all mixes together in a warm chocolatey haze of goodness.  Sip and enjoy with ones you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment