Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Snow Way! Christmas Card Hanger and Happenings of Late.

Here's a couple things that have been happening lately (to catch you all up) and of course something fun to create.  This will be a picture intensive post - I know, there's much rejoicing that i won't be typing much.

First, it snowed yesterday before my first final.  Snowed people.  People are stupid here when it snows. So there's that.  Oh yeah, I also finished my first final! Woo-hoo! Now only if three weren't three others to take...


Kora remains herself as always, cute and playful. We found out yesterday that she LOVES snow. I mean LOVES. She tried to snort it up her nose and then barked at it.  Just normal stuff ya know.


And Mike remains the same as always, cute and playful. Woops! That was the dog.  Mike did no-shave November and this is him finally shaving it off bit by bit.   There was much rejoicing on my side but I think his face misses the warmth.


Oklahoma State beat trounced OU.


But lost out on a national championship.



And somehow amidst all the finals craziness, I made this lovely. I have to brag because I kinda made it up my self. (Yes, I am patting myself on the back.)



It was super easy.  It might have taken me thirty minutes to make.  I used:
Yard stick (mine had handy holes at each end for hanging, but you cold always drill your own if they're missing).
Ribbon
Clothespins
Scrapbook paper
Glue
Mod Podge



Basically, I glued the ribbon to the yard stick.  It did leave some little discolored spots so if you don't like that I would recommend double stick tape.  I didn't think of that, so learn from my mistakes people.  I cut the ribbon a couple inches longer than the yardstick to wrap around to the back; it hides the edges that I'm sure will fray eventually.  Just glue them securely.


Clothespins were the easiest thing I've ever done.  I had a TON just hanging around from a previous project.  I cut out a piece of scrapbook paper a little larger than the surface of the pin (you can pick either side or do both if you wish!).  Mod podge it onto the clothespin.  Wait till the surface of the paper is dry. (By the time I finished mod podging my last pin, the first one was dry - works out perfect!) Then cut away the excess.


Voila! Christmas card hanger.  If you'll notice I only have one. card. Someone please send me some cards!

Let me know what you think! Stay warm wherever you are!





1 comment:

  1. I’ll be featuring YOU tomorrow afternoon on my blog. Thank YOU so much for sharing at last week’s {wow me} wednesday party.

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts

    ReplyDelete