Thursday, October 27, 2011

Spooktacular: Mummy Dogs

For today's spooktacular, I'm introducing you to a delectable and delightful spooky treat - the mummy dog (not to be confused with a dog that's a mom, specifically in England).


If you're noticing I liked themed food to have faces well, then you'd be correct.  It makes them cuter.  I'm assuming you've all picked up on the fact that these are just pigs in blankets, but if you haven't well then they're just pigs in blankets! So naturally, they're incredibly easy.  I cut my little dogs into halve because I was making these for teenagers and well, teenagers can quickly eat the whole plate without thinking twice.  I was hoping it would slow them down - shock of all shocks it didn't, but at least I didn't have to deal with leftovers!

These are great for a crowd just yourself and super cute. Check out the instructions below and have a "spooktacular" day!

Mummy Dogs


Ingredients:
1 Can crescent rolls
1 package of 8 hot dogs
Small dollop of mustard

Preheat oven to temperature on crescent rolls can (mine said 375).  Cut hot dogs in half.  Unroll crescent rolls and press sheet together so that they are no longer perforated. Cut the sheet into half inch wide strips .  Wrap one strip around the bottom of the hot dog; wrap a second strip around the top of the dog leaving a small gap for eyes.  Repeat until all dogs are wrapped.  Place wrapped dogs on a greased cookie sheet and bake according to crescent roll can directions (Mine was like 11-13 minutes). When golden brown remove dogs and let cool.  When dogs are cool, get a small dollop of mustard...or just dip straight out of the lid like I did.  Using a toothpick, make eyes in gap on mummy dogs.  Eat with frightful delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment