Friday, February 10, 2012

Yet Another Wreath

Well friends, the day is drawing nearer, yes that both beloved and cursed day known as Valentine's Day.  For some it's a great day, some it's a sad day and for others we just don't care.  

I kind of fall into that later category, not because I don't have reason to celebrate, but more so because my husband is so wonderful that I don't need a day to make him pay attention to me, treat me special or give me quality time: he's pretty stinking fantastic at doing that already.  (Yes, cue the sickening awwww's).  All that aside though, I still like to do some decorations for Valentine's day pretty much like all other holidays.


 Voila! Valentine's Day wreath.  I went with just the colors because well, there's a lot of hearts floating around during V-Day and I needed a little cheer without the heart shape.


The close up.  I'll be honest, it was a bit time consuming.  It took me about two nights to do this even with the aid of a circle cutter, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.  Especially since when I first began it I kept envisioning a wreath that looked like V-day just exploded everywhere. Thankfully it didn't end up like that.


I normally would try to explain to you how I managed to do this, but honestly, this site does a much better job than I would.  

Whether you love, hate, or are indifferent towards Valentine's Day, you should definitely do something special for yourself or someone you love and enjoy it nonetheless! 

3 comments:

  1. How pretty... you're so creative! I hope you two will do something to celebrate the day even though you're fine examples of love every day. :)

    As of now, we plan to be at church there in CoMo on Wed night of next week... can't wait to see everyone, and L is esp so excited!

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Selena - You're so sweet; thank you so much! I'm excited to see you guys Wednesday! I hope this snow doesn't keep you guys from coming!
    Carmen - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete