Monday, February 20, 2012

Knock You Out Brownies

I think it's safe to say I am enamored obsessed with chocolate.  It's a rare (and abysmal) day if I don't get my chocolate fix.  It just makes the day a little brighter - can I get an amen? Like my daily injection dose of coffee, things just aren't right until I've had some chocolate.  That's why I am completely in love with these guys.


They pretty much are spot on with combining all of my favorite things: marshmallow, chocolate, coffee, and peanut butter.  Sound a little disgusting?  Well, I will admit, I was pretty skeptical at first also, but they won me over with their decadent topping and soft texture.  So try them out before you knock 'em.  I have complete faith that these will knock you out with their amazing-ness.  



Knock You Out Brownies
Adapted slightly from Handle the Heat


Ingredients:
2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cups of your favorite cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional, but you really don’t taste it; it’s just there to enhance the flavor)
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
3 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup of your favorite peanut butter (I used crunchy)
1 1/2 cups Rice Crispies

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Add the brown sugar to the melted butter and place in the microwave. Heat until mixture is warm and brown sugar is better dissolved.

Transfer the butter mixture to a large bowl then add the cocoa, salt, baking powder, espresso powder, and vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring to incorporate after each addition. Finally, add the flour and half of the chocolate chips; mix to combine.

Transfer the batter to a greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the marshmallows evenly over top of brownies. Return to the oven for 5 minutes more or until the marshmallows are puffed and softened but not browned [watch them like a hawk!]. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool on a rack.

After the marshmallow-brownies have cooled, heat the remaining chocolate chips and peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl in the microwave, stirring frequently, until the chips have melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in rice crispies. Dollop the mixture over the marshmallow-topped brownies and spread evenly. Allow to cool completely before feeding to patient, empty bellies.

No comments:

Post a Comment