Monday, November 28, 2011

Finals, Pork, and Wrecks. Oh My!

Hello all! if you've noticed a hiatus from posting, then you'd be very observant.  With the past week of Thanksgiving and studying I just did not meet up to my lofty ambitions of blogging more than three days a week.  Well fail. But that's okay, absence makes the heart grow fonder right? So...are you all fonder now?

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving full of thoughts of thankful things and lots of delicious food! I have to say, on Saturday, I was extremely thankful after we got through a minor wreck unscathed.  God was definitely watching over what could have been a big wreck and turned it into hardly anything but a scare.  What are you all thankful for?

It's hard to imagine that this time next week I will be freaking out over my first big girl law school final.  I'm feeling a little something like this right now.


except that I refuse to wear anything but sweat pants and forgetting to shower has become a norm.  Sorry husband! Just look at those wedding pictures from when I was pretty for the next three weeks! With all this finals craziness, I do have to say that I'm looking forward to a couple things after finals are over, in no particular order:

  1. Christmas
  2. A massage (thank you Lexis Nexis points!)
  3. Getting my hair cut - don't worry, nothing drastic
  4. Christmas
  5. Christmas parties
  6. Sleeping
  7. No studying for a few weeks
  8. Florida (perk about being married to a youth minister, they pick good places for conferences!)
Until then though, it's back to studying, wearing comfy clothes and not showering.

Onward to the recipe.
Remember a couple weeks ago when I made this. Well this is what we had it on:


Pulled pork. I think my husband fell in love with me all over again.  Secret is, it was super easy. We're talking crock pot easy, also delicious. Since it's just the two of us, we froze half of it and saved it for later and surprise of all surprises, it was just. as. good.

Without delay, here it is!



Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

Ingredients:
3-4lb. pork shoulder
2T yellow mustard
1/4 c paprika
1/4 c sugar (brown or white)
3 T garlic powder
3 T salt
2 T onion powder
2 T black pepper, ground
1 T dried parsley
1/2 c. ketchup
1/2 c barbecue sauce (your favorite)
2 c. water

Additional:
Hamburger buns
Barbecue sauce (your favorite)

In a small bowl mix together all the dry ingredients.  Slather pork with yellow mustard - just enough to cover the outside of the meat in a thin layer.  Rub the dry ingredients into the mustard coated pork and put in crock pot.

Cover the pork with ketchup, barbecue sauce and water.  Cover the crock pot and set on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.  Remove cooked pork from crock pot and shred with forks.  Serve on buns with barbecue sauce.

2 comments:

  1. looks delicious :) I just have to say....arent lexis points THE BEST?! Im not just saying that because I'm a lexis rep. lol I'm saying that because I havent paid for starbucks in a year....and amazon giftcards are my new obsession.

    Oh and BEST OF LUCK these next few weeks!!!!! I'm sure you will do AMAZING. Sometime we will have to chat over break, and catch up on how everything has gone this semester!!!!

    ReplyDelete